Sunday, March 15, 2015

HEM Annex - The Side Coil

HEM Annex, a.k.a. the Squash Court.  So many details!  Looking at the equipment as-printed, I thought some of these would be easy to scratch build for a more "3D" look.  I'm no purist with regards to using only paper for building materials, I went back to my plastic model superdetailing days and started scrounging around in the boxes for help.  

First subject is the circular coil on the wall.


I assume some sort of cooling coil, perhaps made of copper tubing, so I decided to coil my own from some aluminum wire.  




A quick cote of copper Sharpie to check the look.


Sharpie rubs off, but I will fix it later.  

Two coils nest one inside the other.

I made mine oversize to help cover and hide the original printed coil.


A few holes for adjusting the fit.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment