Monday, March 16, 2015

HEM Annex - Rooftop Details and Shrubberies

Now we begin the fun part - superdetailing the various items located on the roof of the HEM Annex.  We debated awhile as to what some of the items should be.  Examining pictures of the resin Clarecraft model provided a few answers, but some of this is still guesswork.  
















Starting with the silver-coiled-tube-looking thing... I'm guessing cooling coil of some sort, so I built one up from aluminum wire and added some color for, well... just because I felt like it, actually.  


Not an exact match size-wise, but close enough for model work.


I noticed on the resin model that the copper/gold colored items project from the opening at an angle, and look to me like some sort of boiler, so that's what I built.  It's mostly rolled paper with paper disc caps covering the ends.



Cutting and folding the roof to help visualize how things will fit.









I've added some new floors, support pads, and removed the printed floor.


There's some sort of horn/trumpet shaped piece projecting from the roof, so I rolled one from paper.




Painting the boiler took a bit of experimenting... 







Good enough for now.


Adding more floor pieces and supports.




New floor atached to the inside of the roof.






I like the look of the open rooftop hatch on the resin Clarecraft model, so I decided to make one from paper and plastic.




Stray pieces of wood on the roof.  The HEM is under constant revision, so there are leftover bits and pieces of construction material all over the place.


Add some shredded green foam for shrubberies, and lots of weathering to the various details.




DONE!  Next time - The HEM Main Structure.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment