Thursday, March 19, 2015

HEM - Rooftop Details, part 1

Rooftop, with a skylight I botched pretty badly. It looks better now, but still needs some adjustments with tweezers, blades and brushes, but I think I can still use it.


First new detail... mangled copper (conduit?)...


...made from aluminum wire. Sorry for the blurry photo.


Second and Third new details, a roll of lead shielding, and a copper pipe...



...made from strip cut from an aluminum soda can, and some painted aluminum wire.


New details four and five, plank and copper patch...


...plank (scan original, print, glue to card stock, cut-out and weather with watercolors; copper patch, same process. The copper patch doesn't really work... it's too thick, so I'll replace it with something thinner. Perhaps a copper sheet patch cut from copper sheet? Nah. Not "papery" enough.


The toy collection so far. I feel like I'm building bits for a game of Clue "The Wizard, with the cooper pipe, on the roof next to the roll of lead shielding?".


1 comment:

  1. I love the additions you've made to your UU- my biggest regret is not finding this blog before I made my own as I'd love to include some of the features you've done! For the copper, would thin plastic foil work (you can get it in many different metallic shades including copper) and would be much thinner.

    ReplyDelete