Friday, February 13, 2015

Overdue and Underdone

In the beginning was
 THE BOOK
($7.95 at the local used books shop)





I began building the Unseen University Cut-Out Book in September 2014.  I'll post collected pics and information of the project so far, and add additional items as I continue to make progress.  I plan to create a diorama of the University and some of the surrounding area of Ankh-Morpork.  Here's what I have completed thus-far... 



I've already completed the following buildings:

  • Boat House
  • River Wall
  • Wall of Names
  • The Library
  • The Great Hall, part 1
  • Scholars' Entry
  • Modo's Garden Shed
I've nearly completed the High Energy Magic Building (HEM, or "Squash Courts"), and the Observatory (which still needs its tower... more on that later).  

I've also completed a number of buildings along The Backs, including Wizards' Passage.  Most of these I've created by modifying David Graffam models.  

I still have a long way to go, what with streets, alleys, the river, Wizard's Pleasance, Sator Square, and lots of little vignettes... perhaps even a bit of lighting.  Here's a view of the overall lay-out, and a map of the area I'm building.  




More to come!

1 comment: