Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Library, pt.1

This is the first of the larger buildings. The main structure looks simple enough, but I ran into some problems with walls not matching-up to the printed base, and I'm still not sure if the mistake was mine, or the books. I may build this one over again, with added translucent windows, separate doors and raised details. If so, I'll have a chance to find the fault(s).


My toolbox has grown considerable since the beginning... a trend which would continue for several weeks. 

Major mismatch of the floor plan and the walls... from now-on I will remember to leave extra material around the edges when I cut out the base.


You can see the gaps at this inside corner... possibly why my base didn't fit better.



I don't particularly like the gaps between sections of the parapet... next time I'll handle this differently. 





Happily the roof came together correctly, important since it is one of the most visible components.  



Next time I'll raise these details, and possibly add separate roof shingles. I'll repair the damaged paper at the peak.


 Next up - the Library Dome!

No comments:

Post a Comment