Friday, February 20, 2015

The Library Dome, and Special Guest

I thought the dome of The Library would lend itself to some illumination, so... 

Here's all the fiddly bits. I recall something about concentrated magic giving-off an octarine glow... I'll have to settle for a blue gel.


This little light, with six LEDs, was a freebee at some trade show. Here I've added the blue gel over the lens (octarine gels are currently unavailable).


Making a quick mount for the light... cardboard tube and masking tape, nothing very brilliant.


Card support ring will center the light within The Library. And the half of a Ping-Pong ball (either the ping, or the pong) should help diffuse the light within the dome.


Hand-held test fit. So far, so good.


Ping (or pong) light diffuser glued in place atop The Library.



The dome isn't glued in place yet, thus the light bleeding out around the base. Other than that, I think this is ready. Makes a nice nightlight. .smile emoticon





AND THEN... I awoke brainstorming again. I think I now know where to place The Librarian. This quick test silhouette is MUCH too big and man-shaped, but I think it might work nicely, even at a smaller size.... First test, just to see if this would actually work. 


I found this actual orangutan photo somewhere on the web. 


Simplified, and printed in various sizes to see what looks best inside the dome.



This first orangutan was a bit too small.  The one on the right will work better.



Everything back in position, with the blue glow. smile emoticon



Done!  Next - The HEM.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/

1 comment: