Friday, February 20, 2015

The Library, pt.2... The Dome

The Library has a glazed dome with copper(ish) framework. Looking at the printed pieces from the book, I wondered if the glass might not be better-represented with glossy photo paper.  I scanned the windows artwork and printed on the new paper.  




Base section of the glazed dome on The Library. I copied the lower glazed section onto gloss photo paper. The copperwork belt section is the original matte paper from the book.  After assembly, I decided to cut-out the circular center pieces to allow addition of internal lighting.



The darker paper ring should prevent light from showing through the belt line.



I found the photo paper more difficult to form and glue than regular paper, something to keep in mind in the future.  Closing the seams proved to be a bit of a learning process.




Framework in place, which helps hide some of the bad seams. I might try this one again later, after I've had a bit more experience working with domes.








Next: The mysterious weather vane.


No comments:

Post a Comment