Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Boat House



The Boat House... perhaps the best place to begin, especially for a first-time paper modeler like myself, it is a relatively simple little structure, goes together easily and with no problems, and looks good when finished.
Here's my initial set of tools (which will increase greatly as I progress through the construction); cutting board, ph-neutral PVA adhesives, envelopes for storing cut-out pieces, triangular plastic probe, long round aluminum probe, scalpel probe, folding tool, soft graphite pencil (for darkening cut white edges), scissors, long tweezers, paint brushes, and metal scale.



There's just one sheet of pieces for the Boat House.


















I'm not really satisfied with the boats, having messed-up the artwork when I tried to weather them a bit with watercolors, so I'll make new replacement later.  I covered the printed coil of rope with one made of hemp twine... I'm not particularly "religious" about making every single item from paper, so when something else looks better, I'll use it.  This will become more apparent and important on subsequent buildings.





Done! (other than remaking the little boats, ahem) Next up: The Wall of Names.

No comments:

Post a Comment